The program is designed for students who have completed the eleventh grade in a Florida public or private high school. A few exceptionally qualified and mature tenth graders have been selected in past years, though this is quite rare.
To be considered for acceptance,applicants must:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (unweighted)
- Have received a score in the 90th percentile or better in math on a nationally standardized exam (i.e., SAT, PSAT, ACT, or PLAN) before the application deadline
- Be enrolled in or have completed Pre-Calculus
- Be able to commit for the entire six weeks of the program (no exceptions will be made for travel to other summer internship opportunities, sports camps, Mu Alpha Theta, etc.)
- Maintain a permanent residence in the state of Florida
Important Dates for 2016:
January 1, 2016: Applications available online
February 15, 2016: Application deadline (must be postmarked by this day)
May 15, 2016: Admissions decisions finalized (on or before this day)
June 12, 2016: Students arrive on FSU campus
July 23, 2016: All YSP students depart FSU campus.
October 15, 2016: Summative evaluations available to students (on or before this day)
APPLICATIONS POSTMARKED AFTER THE APPLICATION DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED