This six-session Active Parenting of Teens series will provide parents with guidance and support to transform the challenges of raising a teenager into opportunities for growth. Participants will learn:
- Styles of parenting
- Positive skills for clear, honest communication
- Respectful basic and advanced discipline techniques to teach your child to make better choices resulting in appropriate behavior
- Using the Think-Feel-Do Cycle to intervene and build self-esteem
- Concrete strategies to prevent risky behavior and help your child resist peer pressure
- Problem solving methods including using family meetings and the FLAC method
- 5 goals of teen behavior
- Decreasing power struggles
- Handling anger
Learn to become an encouraging parent and much more; including important issues such as teens online, bullying, alcohol and other drugs, sexuality and depression. Join us at the next session and see the difference … as you make positive and realistic changes in your family’s daily routine to gain greater happiness in your home!
January 20, 27, and February 3, 10, 17, and 24
From 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
Indian Ridge Middle, Media Center (unless otherwise specified at the entrance)
1355 Nob Hill Rd., Davie 33324
Emily Gonzalez-Abreu, ESE and Support Services Family Counselor, Certified Active Parenting Leader, Broward County Public Schools